Monday, April 14, 2014

Getting back to Blogging

It has been over a year since I added any comments on my blog. I am going to try to begin again to keep up with my blog. During the winter of 2013-2014 Crested Butte received an ample amount of snow. Luckily, the resort changed their season pass pricing, allowing Richard and I the opportunity to purchase season passes for a reasonable price. I spent a good portion of my time on the ski slopes and away from the studio. It was great fun and I was so happy to ski quite a few times with our son, Tommy.

In February I went back to Haiti with our team of potters and we spent a couple of weeks with the same women that we taught last year. It was great to see our fellow instructors, Sarah Jane and Scottie from Washington state. My friend, Nicole, and I met in Denver and flew together. Your Haitian potters are working hard and doing great. So fun to see what they have accomplished and help  them further their abilities.

In March I traveled to Milwaukee for the National Council for the Education of the Ceramic Arts (NCECA). It was great to see many friends, old and new, at the conference. It was great to see so many KSU grads in attendance and we met to pose for a group photo. Nicole and I rented a car -- turned out to be a red Fiat -- which we called our Lil'Red Skittle. It was so cute and very small!! We had a great time driving around the area and went to many clay exhibitions, etc.

April is now upon us and I am excited to get back into my studio. I painted the walls a nice golden color and cleaned up all my equipment. Now that I have washed the red clay off all my things, I am ready to begin working with a white stoneware clay. In celebration of the 30th anniversary of  my 30th birthday, I am switching things up in the studio. Time for something new!! Will post some photos when I have some work to share. Might be awhile as I get used to the idiosyncrasies of the new clay and glaze. Quite a shift for this terra cotta girl.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. All the best for your startup.Hope to see some wonderful creation from your side.I found a place where a large varieties of pottery,decorative and gifting items are available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea.Love to see some ceramics from your side.You can have look at http://www.potterymarket.co.uk/,for varieties of pottery,decorative and gifting items.

    ReplyDelete